Is your phone slow when you use the Google Chrome browser, or is the web you’re visiting doesn’t load fully? it could be that the cache or cookies in the browser need to be cleared. It would be nice if you listen to the following understanding of cache and cookies before getting to how to clear cookies and cache.
Getting Know About Cache And Cookies
Cache serves to store data on the sites you’ve visited in the browser. This data can be in the form of text, images, or files. If you enable cache in your browser, access to sites you’ve visited before will be faster. Why can it be faster? Your browser does not need to re-download the data on the site, because it has been downloaded before.
Are cookies and caches dangerous and should be deleted?
Cookies are not harmful, cookies are just a method used to make it easier for an internet user. In addition, cookies also cannot be infected by malware or viruses. The dangerous thing is if other people know the data that you input into certain sites or when you lend your computer to others. The security of cookies depends on the site you visit. The impact of deleting cookies is that all data that has been entered in a particular site will be lost, for example, e-mail, passwords, and search results.
Similar to cookies, caches are also harmless. It’s just that if the cache is not cleared periodically, the device you are using will be slow because the memory is full.
How do I clear my cookies on my phone?
I’m here to take an example from the Google Chrome Browser on Android, and it certainly won’t be much different on other devices.
- First open your Chrome Browser.
- Select the 3 dots at the top right of your phone screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap privacy and security.
- Select the first option (Clear Browsing data).
- Tap Advanced.
- Check the box you want to clear.
- Set the time range (if you choose ).
- Then tap clear data.
- Now your cookies and cache are clear.
How To Clear Specific Cookies On Google Chrome Browser?
Now select which data you want to delete from your browser.
If you want to clear cookies in Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Click on the three dots icon at the top right corner of the browser window.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Privacy.
- Scroll down to the section labeled “Cookies”.
- Click button next to “Delete All”.
- Confirm by clicking on the checkbox.
- Close the settings window.
- Refresh your browser.
You should now see an empty cookie list.
Clear Cache and Cookies on other Desktop Browsers
Google Chrome is indeed the most popular web browser right now. However, not everyone uses it. Maybe that includes you. Well, below I will explain how to clear cache in other popular browsers.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
How to Clear Cache And Cookies in Mozilla Browser
Overall the way to clear cache in Mozilla Firefox is the same. The difference is where the cache and cookies are located.
- From the Mozilla main screen, select three lines on the top right of the browser.
- Select the Library menu.
- Then, you can select the History menu.
- Select Clear Recent History > Then the Clear All History window will appear. As with Chrome, set the Time range to Clear: Last Hour, Last Two Hours, Last Four Hours, Today and Everything. Next, simply select Clear Now.
How to Clear Cache And Cookies in Microsoft Edge
- Click the menu with the three dots symbol in the top right corner of the browser.
- Click History > Clear Browsing Data.
- A pop-up window will appear. There, you can select the type of browsing data you want to clear, including cache. In addition, you can also specify the age of the data you want to delete in the drop-down menu below the Time range text. If you have specified, click Clear Now.
How to Clear Cache And Cookies in Opera Browser
- Just like in Mozilla Firefox, click the hamburger menu (three lines) in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down the menu and you will find Privacy & Security. Click the Clear button to the right of Browsing Data.
- Clear cache settings in Opera are exactly the same as those in Chrome. You can choose Basic or Advanced settings. Click Clear Data.
Cache in the browser is very important to increase efficiency when visiting various websites. Unfortunately, a cache that is not managed properly will actually make your browser’s performance less than optimal. If this is the case, clearing the cache can be the most effective solution.
Well, in this article you have learned how to clear cache in Chrome. In addition, we also share how to clear cache in Mozilla.
Hope this information helps you enjoy a better browsing experience.