MailChimp is used when you want to create an email marketing for customers. For example, if you want to hold a certain campaign you will need to read this article, MailChimp Tutorials for Beginners.
Tutorial Using MailChimp For Beginners
Now for the tutorials using MailChimp for beginners, this time it will start by registering a MailChimp account, adding a list of customer emails that will be sent an email, creating an email template, creating a promo campaign and creating a registration form for subscribers.
1. Sign up for MailChimp
Please register at https://mailchimp.com/ then click Sign Up for Free. Please enter your email address, name, and desired password.
- MailChimp has a premium version (paid) and a free version (free). In this guide, we use the free version of MailChimp. Please select Free then click Complete.
- Then several pages will appear containing a form that you must fill out. Write your first name on First name and last name on the Last name, Business Name and Phone Number (Optional) then click Continue.
- Then continue, please write your company name and website ownership.
- Then add the company address and phone number.
- If you already have a list of customer emails, please click Yes. If not, please select No. If you don’t know, you can choose I’m not sure.
- Voila! You can use MailChimp.
2. Overview of MailChimp
After successfully registering, you will get a display like the following image. There are 6 menus, namely Create, Audience, Campaigns, Automation, Websites, and Content Studio.
- Create: In this menu, you can later create emails, ads, landing pages, postcards, social posts, and signup forms
- Audience: In this menu, you can add a list of customers you want to send an email to.
- Campaigns: In this menu, you can create a campaign that will be distributed to a list of customers via email similar to an email broadcast. So that customers will know about the ongoing campaign/promo.
- Automation: In this menu, you can automate email.
- Websites: create and manage a website that comes with built-in marketing tools.
- Content Studio: instantly create beautiful designs you can use across marketing channels.
3. Add Customer Email List
The next thing that needs to be done in the tutorials using MailChimp for beginners is to add a customer email list. Make sure you have a customer email that will be blasted or broadcast email. To add an email list, please click the Audience menu then click Add Your Contacts.
Customer email lists can be added in 3 different way like CSV files, copy and paste from certain files or directly from Google Drive, Zoho services, and so on. Each file must contain the email name, first name, last name, address, telephone number, date of birth.
4. Create a Subscriber Form
Please click the Audience menu and select Signup Forms, a display like the following will appear. You can click Signup forms to create a subscriber form. What is a subscriber form? The subscriber form is a form used by customers to subscribe to email on a website.
There are several options, such as:
- Form builder: create and design your own subscribe form display. So you can add text, do certain designs or translate some of the posts on the form.
- Embedded Forms: you will immediately get a form design in the form of HTML code that can be placed on your blog/website.
- Subscriber Pop-up: design a subscription form that will pop up when the website is opened
Form Integrations: design of subscribe forms that are integrated with other services.
5. Design the Email Template
One of MailChimp’s main functions is to send promo/marketing emails with an existing customer email account. So, you don’t need to send promo emails to customers one by one. Plus, you don’t have to design your email from scratch. MailChimp features email template design. You only need to adjust the desired content and images. Please click the Campaign menu then select Email Templates then click Create Templates.
After that select the email template/design you want. Don’t be confused, MailChimp has recommended email templates that you can choose from such as designs to sell products (Sell Products), design announcements for customers (Make an Announcement), and so on. Please click the desired template design.
In this guide, we will choose the Make an Announcement template. Now you can customize the template according to the email you will send. Please adjust the content and images. Click Preview and Test to see the results and don’t forget to save.
6. Create a Campaign
OK, it’s time to create a campaign. Campaigns can be in the form of discount promos, notification of flash sales, monthly insights, special price promos, and so on. Please click the Campaign Menu and then click All campaign, Create Campaign.
Then determine the media campaign you want whether via email, landing page, automation, or website. In this guide, I will explain how to create a Landing Page to attract new Contact in MailChimp. For that, please click Landing page.
Fill out the form then click begin, choose your template, and then set up your campaign to meet your requirement. Click Publish to finish it. you can share it through your website or social media.
7. Mailchimp Sync with WordPress
The tutorial on using MailChimp for beginners is still going. Now at this stage, you can do it if the company’s website uses WordPress as its engine. Why should synchronization be done? There are several benefits :
- the website can be used to create email subscribers
- the website can connect to MailChimp
- the website can accommodate the email address entered by the visitor.
Now WordPress with all its conveniences already has a plugin that can be used. The plugin will later help in the matter of synchronizing MailChimp. In terms of MailChimp itself already has an API (Application Programming Interface) that allows applications to connect with other applications. The way to get the API is to click Account in the bottom right corner.
Click Extras the scroll down to create a new API key if you don’t have it.
Next, please follow the step-by-step Guide on How to Send Emails with MailChimp in WordPress.
Tutorials using MailChimp for beginners you can do one by one. With MailChimp, you can do marketing campaigns with only ideas and a list of customer emails. Make sure you send the email correctly and at the right time. Don’t let it be because you send emails too often, customers will consider the email to be in the spam category.
What is MailChimp and how does it work?
Mailchimp is a web-based email marketing platform. You can use this platform to design and send emails to website subscribers and subscribers. With its web-based nature, you can easily access Mailchimp. No need to download or install additional software.
Why is MailChimp so hard to use?
I don’t think that MailChimp is difficult to use, what you need are patience and understanding, then you will easily use Mailchimp.